Roku players have become the primary source of high quality and unorthodox entertainment. Roku players come with remote control, which is used to manage the volume, channels, and play, pause, stop, forward, skip and reverse any movie and TV show. The remote control also plays a crucial role in the setup process. But, sometimes, people find their Roku remote not working and there could be a number of reasons behind that. Suddenly, the remote became non-responsive or there’s an issue with the pairing, any of these two issues can cause remote to be non-operational. There is nothing to worry as we at Roku Com Support have come up with an easy-to-follow troubleshooting process, which could fix the problems befalling Roku remote. But, make sure that there are working batteries inserted into the remote.
Troubleshooting steps for wireless Roku remote
Step 1: Find the pairing button and press it
1. You need to open the battery cover and then, open the battery compartment.
2. Then, quickly press and release the pairing button.
3. You are going to see a flash LED light, if not, then the problem is in your batteries, so replace them with the new ones.
4. Test the remote control to see if it is working.
Step 2: Power cycle the Roku player along with the remote
1. Turn off the power of the Roku player and turn it on after 20 seconds.
2. Remove the batteries once the booting is done.
3. To determine the functionality, reinsert the batteries.
Step 3: Pair the remote with Roku player
1. You have to again remove the battery cover and open the battery compartment.
2. Press and hold the pairing button until you see the LED light turning on.
3. Now, you will see a pairing dialog box on your TV screen.
Step 4: Clear the remote control and try to repair it
1. Remove the battery cover and open the battery compartment.
2. Turn off the power supply of the Roku player.
3. Press the Home and Down buttons of the Roku player. In some models, there is A & B button, so press them. While pressing those buttons, press the pairing button on your remote.
4. Release the buttons when you see remote pairing LED glowing.
5. After you see three more LED flashes, the clearing of the remote is done.
6. Turn on the power supply of the Roku player.
7. Again, put the remote to pairing mode by pressing the pairing button and holding it.
8. You are going to see the pairing message on your TV screen once the Roku player is rebooted. Then, your Roku remote will be paired with the Roku player.
Step 5: Factory reset your device if none of the steps work for you
1. There will be a reset button given on the back of the Roku player, at the bottom or at the top (for Roku streaming sticks), so press it for 20 seconds to factory reset the device. The Roku update will resolve the pairing issue as well as several other issues.
If these steps help you out, it’s well and good. Or else, take the help of professional experts. Call our experts at +1-(844) 646 4469 and get the issue resolved quickly.
Tips to use and maintain Roku Remote
1. Keep the remote in a clean and dry place.
2. Your remote works on infrared technology, thus it requires a clear line of sight to operate.
3. While replacing the old batteries with the new ones, make sure that the brand is the same.
Information regarding remote interference and pairing loss
These are the two most common issues that Roku users have to bear with. There are a number of factors that can bring interference in the remote control, thus affecting the performance of the remote as well. There are many electronic gadgets that are placed close to the remote, such as amplifiers, TV, tuners and gaming consoles. So, these can interfere with the performance of the remote and can also result in pairing loss. To get rid of these issues, you need to move your Roku player a few inches left or right. Such small movements are sufficient to get the Roku player out of the way of interference from all the electronic devices placed in close proximity. Plus, it also enhances remote and streaming performance.
Changes in the Router settings
The operation of the Roku remote is done via wireless signals, so you need to try changing your router channel to those frequencies where there is less congestion. The problem arises if you are living in an area where there are a countless number of wireless networks present around you. So, try to stay on a different channel from those in order to avoid any kind of interference and noise. To be more precise, stay on Channel 11, 6 or 1 as they don’t have overlapping frequencies. If your Roku not working on a certain channel, then there might be an issue with the firmware version of your router, so you need to update it. The issue related to Wi-Fi is usually defined as an error code, i.e, Roku error code 014.
No matter what the issue is in your Roku player, we at www Roku Com Support are there to help you out. We are able to provide the most phenomenal troubleshooting steps for Roku remote, but that’s not it.
We also have a simplified and assured troubleshooting process for other issues such as:
1. HDCP Unauthorized Roku.
2. Roku HDCP unauthorized content is disabled.
3. Roku HDCP is unauthorized.
4. HDCP unauthorized content disabled Roku.
5. Roku error code 001.
6. Roku error code 003.
7. Roku error code 011.
8. Unable to connect Roku to Wi-Fi.