Why Roku error code 014. 40 occurs?
Roku Error code 014. 40 occurs if you enter the incorrect password for the internet connection. Therefore, make sure you enter the right password while connecting with the WiFi network.
In this blog, we will discuss in detail how to solve Roku error code 014. 40 on your own.
What is Roku Error Code 014. 40?
The Roku device can connect with the Ethernet connection or with the WiFi network and allow you to stream video service on mobile phones, TV, and computer. However, many times people report Roku error code 014.40 on their Roku devices.
Roku Error 014. 40 occurs if you do not enter the incorrect password for the connection. Therefore, make sure you enter the right password while connecting with the WiFi network.
What is the Reason for Roku Error 014. 40?
There are several reasons why you might experience Roku error code 014. 40. Try contacting Roku technician
Cache: With time the cached data might get corrupted and lower the loading speed as well as the overall experience of the user.
Improper WiFi Connection: Many times, the Roku Error code 014. 40 is caused as a result of incorrect WiFi passwords. For Roku to establish properly it is important to have a secure WiFi connection.
Mac Filtering: Sometimes if Mac filtering is switched on, then there are high chances that Mac id for Roku device is banned.
Now, that you have a brief idea about reasons for Roku tv error 014.40. Here is how you can fix then. But if the errors persist then it is always better to get assistance from Roku technician
Enter the Correct Name of the Network
Make sure you are selecting the right network. If you choose the wrong wireless connection it will automatically show you Roku error code 014.40. You can get help finding the correct wireless connection name from Roku technicians.
Enter the Right Password
Make sure you are entering the right password while connecting to the network. If you are sure that you are entering the right password but still the error is shown then try getting help from the Roku technicians for recovering the password.
Power Cycle Roku Device
Many times, the cache is corrupted in the device and as a result, it might be the reason for the connectivity problem. Follow the power cycling steps to solve this problem.
- Disconnect Roku from the console and switch it off.
- Switch on the console while switching off the router.
- Now, take out the plug from the socket.
- Hold and press the power button for 2-3 minutes but do not a plugin.
- Now, plugin both.
- Try connecting Roku with the console and see if the problem is resolved.
If the Roku error code 014. 40 persists then try connecting with a Roku Technician for help.
Roku Error Code 014. 40 on Roku quick fix. The Roku player has been designed to be dummy-proof and to work without issues for 99.99% of the users. But when it comes to technology, especially something that works over the internet, problems are second nature.
Similarly, Error 014.40 on the Roku device also gives issues connecting to the wifi for some users. These issues are most of the time either related to incorrect user input or incompatible network resources.
The Roku Device gives error in the format XXX.YY where X and Y number. The most common errors for the Roku are Error code 001, Error code 003, Error code 006, Error code 009, Error code 011, Error code 012, Error code 013, Roku Error code 014, Error code 015 and Error code 016.
The Roku Error code 014 has further sub-codes as Roku Error code 014 .10, Error code 014.11, Roku Error code 014.20, Roku Error code 014.30, Roku Error code 014.40, Error code 014.41, Roku Error code 014.50, Error code 014.62 and Error code 014.64.
While Roku Error code 014.40 universally declare an error while trying to connect to the wireless network. Further sub-codes clarify what is the issue while trying to connect.
From a user’s perspective, we want to know how to rectify these errors. So here, we’ll list the steps one needs to take In order to rectify these errors.
Steps To Resolve the Roku Error Code 014, 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20
- Check that you are trying to connect to the correct wireless network. On a remote-controlled screen, it is all too easy to select the wrong network name, especially when the names keep changing positions in order to reflect the signal strength, by placing the strongest connection on the top.
- Re-enter the wireless password correctly. Since the Roku has an on-screen keyboard, it is very easy to make a mistake in the wireless password. While facing a wireless connection problem, it is always a good idea to make sure you have the correct password
- Check to see that the wireless network is available and other devices are able to connect. Try connecting to the same wifi network using a cellphone or a computer.
- Restart the wireless router – Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20
- Restart the Roku player
- Try and move the wireless router to increase the available signal strength. If the strength is still low, consider using a wireless repeater or a wifi range extender
- Ensure the router firewall is not blocking the Roku.
- Some routers don’t work well with media streaming devices. Call Roku technical support to check if your router is compatible. Almost all routers can be made compatible by adjusting their settings.
If these steps don’t resolve your Roku wireless connection issues. Please call Roku Technical support on 1-844-646-4469
How Do I Connect My Roku to a New WiFi?
Roku Error Code 014.40 on Roku device fixing and solution. It is safe to say that most Roku customers here have encountered the dreaded Roku error code 014.40 when trying to connect their Roku o the wifi. TCL USA – Roku Error 014 or tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 Ever wonder what it really is? Why the error code is coming up? What is it that you are doing wrong?
Error Code 014 on Roku
We’ll give you a complete overview of TCLUSA Roku Error code 014.40 and tell you how to resolve it. No matter what Roku model you have, while setting up your Roku error code, you are very likely to come across this error. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50. But what is Roku Error 014?
Resolve Roku Error Code 014.40 | 014.50 | 014.30 | 014.20
Roku Error 014 while performing the Roku Setup TCLUSA, in general entails that the device is not able to get an IP address from your Router. Thus, the device is not able to communicate with the router.
Now there are a number of reasons why the Roku might not get a valid IP address. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 – This is properly represented by the device using an error code, in this case, Roku Error 014.40 code
The proper format for this error is 014.xx where xx is another numeric pair that represents why the Roku is not getting a local IP address.
Why does the Error Code 014.40 come up on Roku?
Roku Error code 014.40 Let’s take a step by step approach to this and see how to resolve TCLUSA Roku error 014. First of all this error comes up immediately after you enter your wifi password into the error code 014 on Roku. So, here are the possible reasons we have come across that might bring up this error code.
Resolving Roku Network Error Code 014
- You entered the wrong WiFi password
- Your router is too far away
- You have enabled a whitelist on your router
- There is a problem with the network settings on your router
- Antivirus or firewall is blocking the Roku’s access to the internet
TCL USA – Getting Error Codes When Connecting to Your Wireless Network
In our experience as support providers for Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | | 014.20 we have come across this issue on a daily basis and can give you some easy steps on how to resolve this issue.
How to resolve Error 014.40 on Roku?
To resolve the Roku error code 014 TCLUSA, perform the following steps.
- Verify you have entered the correct password.
- Make sure the router is not too far off. A regular wifi router has a range of about 25 feet in closed areas. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 However the range is more in open areas.
I “can’t connect” to my wireless network – Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50
- Unplug your router from electricity and give it some rest. TCL USA After 30 seconds Plug in the router once again.
- Restart the Roku and try again.
- For a Roku with an ethernet cord, this code simply entails that the wire is not working as expected, Get a replacement ethernet cord.
How do I Connect My Roku to a New WiFi?
Many reasons can be responsible for the Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20 TCLUSA Roku occurrences. Various customers are facing Roku error code 014 when they try to connect their Roku device showing error code to a wireless connection.
It does not matter what model you use of the Roku device but there will be the possibility of error occurrence in your device. When you do the Roku setup, the device may not be able to get an IP address from your router.
What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?
This way the device is not able to properly communicate with the router. Basically, TCL USA the proper format of error code is 014.14, where xx tells the Roku, has not found the IP address
Why error comes to 014.40 Error Code Roku device?
These are the following reasons- tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 | 014.20
- Your router is very far.
- You have entered the wrong password.
- You have enabled a white list on your router.
- Router network setting issue – Error Code Roku
- Antivirus or firewall is blocking the Roku device access to the internet
Can I Use Roku Without the Internet?
You must verify that you have entered the correct password. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20. If it shows Error Code tclusa.com/support error code 014.30.
• Make sure you have placed your router in a near zone, it should not be too far off. The regular router should have a range of 25 feet in close areas. This range is more in the open areas.
Error Code 014.40 for Roku
· Proceeding your router, Error code 014.40 on Roku confirm the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. In a few cases, you can unplug it & plug it back. In other cases, you may require a pressing reset button on the device.
It may take a few minutes for both devices to restart.
· If you have formerly connected your Roku device to your router, it should automatically reconnect. If it is not, or if you are setting up your Roku device for the first time, complete the network setup process – Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20
Connect Roku to a new Wi-Fi – Error 014.40 Fix
- Steps you can follow for connecting the Roku to home Wi-Fi:
Power your Roku device
- Select settings>network>wireless>setup new Wi-Fi connection
- Chose Wi-Fi network from the list
- Enter your wireless password for your home Wi-Fi
- When you get three green checkmarks, it would indicate that your setup is successful.
Roku Com Support for Solving Error Code 014.40 Hotspot
if you are not able to resolve this error code Roku 014.40 & tclusa.com/support error code 014.30. We are there for your help for 24 hours and 7 days. We are a company which has its headquarters in the USA. People trust us and we are growing year by year. There is no error in the world which we have not resolved. So just call us without getting any tension.