Roku Error code 001 – A Simple Guide to Fix Roku Activation Error
Solving Roku error code 001 may sound tricky but it is not. This guide is a simple solution to the error code problem. You may have bought a new streaming player and looking forward to enjoying your favorite show on Netflix.
Roku Error Code Resolving – 001
Roku error code 001 You linked the streaming player to a Roku account to start the system but you see the error messages right on your screen. This problem may keep you in tension. This thing is an activation error that comes up when linking your device to a Roku account. This error is known as the Roku Error 001.
What is this Roku Error Code 001?
Roku error 001 is occurred commonly because of the issue of activation on Roku. When you connect your Roku streaming player to your Roku account, whenever the activation code is denied by the Roku Server. This may happen if the code entered is incorrect or there is some problem with the server.
How to get the IP address of a website for resolving error code 001?
In Windows, you can do plenty of things using the command line. Transforming domain name to IP address using nslookup command is one of them. You can also find the IP address of any website’s host machine.
Here’s is the step by step procedure:
1. Roku Error code 001 – Click on the Start button and type cmd in the search box. Press “Enter”.
2. The Windows command prompt will open. Now type nslookup ftp.yahoo.com and press enter.
3. It will show you the Yahoo FTP IP address. This is an IP address of the server where yahoo.com is hosted. This way you can search for host machines for other websites.
Reasons for the Occurrence of Roku Error Code 001
4. If you want to look up the IP address of a website then type nslookup in the command prompt and press enter.
5. Enter the domain name of any website & press enter. It would IP address for that website. For example, I typed google.com and pressed enter. It returned Google’s IP address: 22.214.171.124.
It means if I type http://126.96.36.199in a browser’s address bar, google.com will open.
Reasons why Roku error Code 001 occurs?
- Punching the wrong code- You might have entered the wrong code in the given place. This may also be the case that the code you are trying to enter is expired.
- There might be server issues- Your internet connection might be responsible for the error too. It can be because of the slow speeds when you try to connect it to the server. One more reason could be that the server has timed out.
- Setup Problems- Always be careful when you set up your Roku device, otherwise your device can cause problems.
- A poor internet connection- Your internet connection may not be very fast. There may be another reason as electronic interference is on the same network. If your connection is working fine then, take a look at the router to ensure there is nothing wrong with it.