Error Code 018 Roku | Complete Guide to Fix Slow Speed Internet Connectivity on Roku
Roku is one of the most advanced and most popular video streaming devices around the globe.
Roku stream content from the Internet, that’s why it needs good Internet connectivity to stream your favorite video. And most of the customers face problems with slow Internet speed or error with contacting device to the network.
When the Roku device found slow Internet speed, then it displays an error message which is known as “Roku error code 018”, one of the most common errors faced by the people while streaming their favorite TV show.
Roku Error code 018 occurs due to a poor Internet/network connection and you have to remove the error to enjoy your show. There are a number of troubleshooting tips available to fix error code 018 in Roku.
Let’s start with the first steps to troubleshooting Roku error 018.
Check Primary Network Connection
First of all, check that your internet is working perfectly and all the devices like, your smart TV and Roku device receiving signals. Not connect to the network, is the main reason for error code 018 on Roku. If devices not connecting through the wireless network you can use an Ethernet cable to connect them with the router.
Some Common Error Message Displayed on Roku Screen due to Poor Network Connectivity:
- Unable to connect Wireless Network: This error message displays when you try to connect your Roku device to a network and it didn’t receive any signal or not able to establish a connection with your home network.
- Not Connected to the Internet: You are enjoying your show/movie with your family and due to some reason your ISP is not working. Then this error will display on your screen.
- Loading Please Wait: While launching a channel, you lose network connection then, it displays an error message “loading please wait”.
Steps to Resolve Roku Error Code 018
- First of all, check that Internet connection is working and your router receives signals from your ISP (Internet Services Provider).
- Run a quick test to make sure your Internet working properly. Try to open some websites like Google, YouTube, etc on another device. If you are able to open these websites that means your router is working fine.
- Now, check the name of the network your Roku device is connected to. Make sure it connected with your home network and receive signals.
- Check the strength of your wi-fi signals. You can check the signal strength of your wi-fi router on your Roku device.
- Follow the steps below to check signal strength:
- Press the Home button on Roku remote.
- Go to Setting, Click on Network.
- Select About from the list.
- Here you can find your Signal Strength.
Some other Tips to fix Roku error 018
- Verify twice that you are using the right credentials for logging your home wireless network.
- Perform a quick system restart and check if slow network error fixed or not.
- Try to reconnect the Roku device to your wireless network.
- Try to connect your device to the Ethernet cable to resolve 018 error.
- Reboot your router and try to reconnect the device.
I hope the above guide will help you to fix slow speed Internet connectivity on Roku and you’ll enjoy your hassle-free movie streaming.
If you still face any problem to fix Roku error code 018, then you can reach us at USA/Canada: +1-844-646-4469 our experts are available 24*7 to help you out.